Re: Which ICQ Client is better?

hi everyone,

on the topic of aim/icq clients, does anyone know of clients that
support some form of text-only mode?  for icq i've used licq and micq,
one of which has a text-mode plugin, the other *is* text mode, but
i'm not happy with either because the former doesn't keep history
in text mode, and the latter was rather barebones the last time i checked.

what i'm most interested in is a text-only aim clone though.  gaim is
nice and all, but on my desktop it's aesthetically horrible with all
those big fonts and buttons (which can be reduced somewhat, but not
completely).  also, because i'm a freak and like to keep all my im's
logged, i always run it from one machine, and xforwarding gaim can
be hog-slow over a 56k...

--sean