Re: Version To Use? (2)

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 10:46, sean finney wrote:
> hiya,
>
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 10:28:26AM -0800, John Floren wrote:
> > So, I should just use the new release?  Remember, my computer is really
> > slow, I could only download with a 56K modem, and I can't download
> > directly to the intended computer.  Also, exactly how large is the
> > current release?  I don't want to spend _too_ long downloading it :-)
> > Thanks,
>
> like i said, you can get away with downloading as little as possible
> by finding the appropriate root.bin and rescue.bin images off of debian's
> site.  the floppy install will let you choose everything else that you
> want, and won't download any more than what's needed, so if you have a
> slow net connection, that's definitely the path to take.
>
> --sean

You seem to miss the point, or so I understand it.  I want to download
the distribution on a DIFFERENT computer, burn a installation CD, and
install it on my old computer.  The old computer doesn't have a modem
worth speaking of, as it has an external 26K modem, which I don't think
would be very good for this, unless I used it to download the base
system and then get all the other stuff with my faster computer.

Am I making sense?
I hope so.
Thanks