Re: [OT] Moving away from KDE to what?

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 11:38:34PM +0000, Glyn Kennington wrote:
> Hugh Saunders wrote:
> > > P.S. Does anyone knows how do I put a result from command line into
> > > mutt/vi when sending mail?
> > could use the gpm buffer? [select the text then when in insert mode in
> > vi, middle click to 'paste'] -this works in vim, havent tryed with
> > pure vi
>
> It'll work in pure vi, better even than with vim.

Better in vi???? Are you serious.  VIM is always better :-)

Add following to ~/.vimrc

" -------------------------------
" Local configuration
"
set nocompatible
set nopaste
set pastetoggle=<f11>
"--------------------------------

And press <F11> before pasting it.  That's all.

But for the original question, I would use script command from:
bsdutils - Basic utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite.

Or screen command with loging (^AH)

> gpm's default action is left to select, middle to copy (and right to
> extend?), so any editor that doesn't have its own use for the mouse will
> allow you to use these, and even if a program does want the mouse, you can
> usually still reach these actions by shift-clicking.
>
> However, vim will grab all mouse actions, and do something completely
> different if you shift-click (I think it performs some kind of search)
> unless you disable the mouse completely with
> :set mouse=""

Interesting, ...

> At least, that's how it behaves in my experience.  Has anyone found a
> way to make it ignore shifted mouse events but still process normal
> clicks?

I just had to be in insert mode... I will check it from Linux console...
Maybe nopaste does the trick...
        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract