Re: [OT] Moving away from KDE to what?

Hugh Saunders wrote:
> > P.S. Does anyone knows how do I put a result from command line into
> > mutt/vi when sending mail?
> could use the gpm buffer? [select the text then when in insert mode in
> vi, middle click to 'paste'] -this works in vim, havent tryed with
> pure vi

It'll work in pure vi, better even than with vim.

gpm's default action is left to select, middle to copy (and right to
extend?), so any editor that doesn't have its own use for the mouse will
allow you to use these, and even if a program does want the mouse, you can
usually still reach these actions by shift-clicking.

However, vim will grab all mouse actions, and do something completely
different if you shift-click (I think it performs some kind of search)
unless you disable the mouse completely with
:set mouse=""

At least, that's how it behaves in my experience.  Has anyone found a way to
make it ignore shifted mouse events but still process normal clicks?

Glyn

--
I can't control my fingers, I can't control my brain.