Re: URGENT - How to shutdown Debian 3? - URGENT

> I did try that and it worked perfectly

Then it's kind of late for me to comment.  But that never stopped me before,
so...

> > No it does not work, first when I choose GNOME session and do
> > ctrl+alt+del nothing happens, then when I log to KDE session and do
> > ctrl+alt+del I get system guard!

ctrl+alt+del doesn't work (at least by default) in X, you have to either use
ctrl+alt+backspace first (which works if you use startx, but not for xdm and
probably not for GNOME or KDE) or switch to a virtual console before using
ctrl+alt+del.

-David