repost - printing - help please

hello all!

my umpteen number of attempts to set my printer have been unsuccessful.

here is the set-up:

computer is running on woody 3.0

hp deskjet 710c printer is connected to it on lpt1 (i am using windows nomenclature)

i tried reading linuxprinting.org - could not unsderstand much

here is what confuses me:

lpd, lpr-ppd, lprng, cups, /dev/lp0 - too too confusing.

what i really want to do is this:

set-up a printer (i miss windows 'add printer wizard')

be able to print basic documents from my shell and X

is it really so difficult? could someone post simple to understand list of instructions?

thanx in advance

sandip p deshmukh

In most instances, all an argument proves is that two people are present.