Re: gpg: Can't check signature - is something wrong?

This one time, at band camp, Sandip P Deshmukh said:
> hello all!
>
> i often get messages from the list which say begin gpg signature.
>
> invariably, the second line says can not verify signature.
>
> is something wrong with my set-up or is it a tampered message?

In order to 'verify' a gpg signature, you either have to already have it
in your keyring, or fetch it from a keyserver.  If you have a peek in
.gnupg/options, there's a line (usually commented out by default)
telling gpg what keyserver to use.  After that, you need to tell it to
fetch keys - use the line keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve if you
want to do so.

HTH,
|Stephen Gran                  | Anybody want a binary telemetry frame editor  |
|steve@lobefin.net             | written in Perl?              -- Larry Wall   |
|http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | in <199708012226.PAA22015@wall.org>           |