Re: OpenOffice.org

On 11 Nov 2002 at 10:11pm, John Hasler wrote:

:Patrick writes:
:> The trademark for "OpenOffice" belongs to someone else. Therefore we must
:> use "OpenOffice.org" when referring to this open source project and its
:> software.
:
:That will only work if it is being done with the permission of the
:trademark owner.

I was just quoting the FAQ, not taking a legal position.  But obviously
you're right - I couldn't call a project "Microsoft.org" and get away with
it (not that I'd want to).

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman                               pwiseman@mindspring.com
Linux user #17943                             *Google First, Ask Later*