Re: multi-TB diskarrays ???

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 07:22:21PM -0800, Derek Gladding wrote:
> Personally, I use ext3 for simplicity's sake (only ~300G of disc to worry
> about), but there is a big performance price to pay for that simplicity. I've
> never used any of the others, but I get the general impression (from comments
> that have passed by my eyeballs) that:
>
> - Reiserfs is nice but hasn't got all the quirks ironed out

ReiserFS has always been solid for me, but people always seem to know
someone who lost data with it.  I suspect that nearly all these cases
happened way back in the day, before 2.4 at least, when even the Reiser
folks didn't consider it stable.

> - XFS is pretty solid

People seem to rave about XFS, especially for archives of large files.
I imagine that a 4TB's of medical images would fit into this category.
XFS also has rather good meta-data support, maybe this would be useful
as well?

-rob