Re: multi-TB diskarrays ???

On Thursday 07 November 2002 06:58 pm, Michael D. Schleif wrote:

[snip]

> > -- you would obviously need ext3 or reiserfs ...
>
> <snip />
>
> Yes, which filesystem is a good question; but, which one?

There's a useful overview of the different JFSes including links to benchmarks
and the suchlike at:

http://bulmalug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=1154

Personally, I use ext3 for simplicity's sake (only ~300G of disc to worry
about), but there is a big performance price to pay for that simplicity. I've
never used any of the others, but I get the general impression (from comments
that have passed by my eyeballs) that:

- Reiserfs is nice but hasn't got all the quirks ironed out
- XFS is pretty solid

- Derek