Re: sound enhancing software?

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 11:13:55PM -0500, Bruce Park wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wandering, what sound enhancing software are available for linux? I
> hate to make the comparison with Windows but one of the reasons why I keep
> it is because of soundblaster live's audio hq and sound mixer.

'audio enhancing'?  Do you mean the Windows software that came along
with the SBLive that lets you make it sound like a sewer pipe or a cave
or whatever?  AFAIK, there's nothing like that available for Linux.

If you mean software to clean up 'dirty' recordings, then sweep or
audacity are what you want.

If you mean effect synthesisers, then have a look at galan, reborn,
terminatorX, etc.  apt-cachse search ladspa will give you more
suggestions.

-rob