. XMMS icecast streaming was :" Elementary Woody Firewall with DSL"

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:37:00 -0500
Stephen Gran <steve@lobefin.net> wrote:

> This one time, at band camp, Dan Hunt said:
> > Any suggestions on allowing streaming Audio through the Firewall to
> > XMMS?

> There is something new in iptables that wasn't in ipchains, that allows
> connections already established.  A line like:
> $IPTABLES -A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
> Will allow any already established connection through, even if that port
> is otherwise firewalled.  I have all ports set to drop (except ssh) on
> my firewall, but this allows all the NAT'ed boxes behind it to do
> whatever they need to do.
> Steve
I have a line almost exactly like that in the firewall, is the problem is not knowing how to to configure xmms to access the firewall OR how to open port 8080 on either box?

Preferences/Input Plugins/MPG123/Streaming.
Xmms MPG123 Configuration Streaming Tab.
Proxy:
checked use proxy
Plug in the Host:192.168.0.1 and left the port set to 8080
Left the use authentication blank.

Using info from Google, I Set up the browser so it knows what to do, but when I hit play on a website Listen tab the pop up box says "couldn't conect to host 192.168.0.1"

That happens even when I save the url playlist to disk and load it.