Re: Home and end keys (was Re: Make Debian better)

High,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Russell wrote:

> csj wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:40:36 -0500

<snip>

> To activate the Home and End keys (dedicated or keypad ones) in xterm,
> press ctrl+button 2 (mouse left+right) to get the xterm "VT Options"
> menu, then select "Enable Application Cursor Keys". Alternatively,
> type: echo -n "^[[?1h", where ^[ is the literal ESC character.

Man, if you know how long I have been stuggling with this (and many users
too). Why isn't this the standard in Debian (e.g. keys ought to do what
you expect them to do, not just *beep*)?

In which configuration file can this be set as default for all xterms?

Thanksthanksthanks,
Sebastiaan