Re: sound problems

Am Freitag, 25. Oktober 2002 11:15 schrieb Amit Shah:
> I can play sound as root using mp3blaster on the console, but can't use
> mpg123 or mp3blaster as a normal user, where do I edit the permissions
> so that normal users can play sound?

Try "adduser <username> audio". This adds you to the group of users who
are allowed to use audio devices (like /dev/dsp).
  If you want to know, to which group you have to add your user-account
start the program from the console (or Konsole in KDE). Normally they
will abort with a message like "Cannot open sound device: /dev/dsp" or
similiar. Then you can look at the access rights with "ls -l
/dev/<device>".