Re: exim - what is missing in my set-up?

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 12:30:08PM +0530, Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:

> what if there is no smart host to do the job for me? can i not use exim?
> and will i have to always use mozilla with an smtp server specified for
> delivering mail - the windows way?

Hello

As far as I know the smtp server (it's name or ip address) is what
exim means by smarthost. This is not particular to Windows.

Basically ONE WAY of handling email is that your system takes mail that is
destined for a system that is not your local system and passes it to
a host that is running a mail server.

This mail server takes the mail and makes sure that the mail is delivered.

In short try using the ip address or hostname of your isp's smtp server.
The same smtp that you would use in mozilla.

t.irvine

p.s Sorry about the earlier empty message.