Re: switching between keymaps in X

hi,
this doesn't seem to be a problem of switching but of the keymap itself. does the keymap function properly when you leave it the only one and start x with it?

as for newer versions, the unstable version (4.2.1) works without a glitch on my woody box from the point it was installed (i actually upgraded from 4.2.1-0prev2 from ~branden which worked well too) . i don't see why you should worry about upgrading because all of the unmet deps for 4.2.x can be got from testing so you need not concern very much about getting more unstable in your system than you like.

robert

Hi
I have still problems with keymaps switching (but setxkbmap is ok ->
thank you Sean and sorry for mail). When I configure in XF86Config-4
following

Option  "XkbLayout"     "cz_qwerty"
Option  "XkbOptions"	"grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

then the cz_qwerty is ok but when I use switch combo (alt+shift)
the keymap is really strange - {,[,],} are on keys 7,8,9,0 and other
keys returns fractions, currency symbols ... some keys are blank

there is no newer version of X in woody and I don't know what else
can I do :(

bye

marek cermak