Re: switching between keymaps in X

>>Hello
>>I need to configure my X 4.1.0-16 in woody on x86 PC to switch between
>>different keyboard maps. I need standard us/uk keymap and cz_qwerty
>>keymap. So I change /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 as follows:
>>
>>Section "InputDevice"
>>        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>>        Driver          "keyboard"
>>        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>>        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
>>        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc102"
>>        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
>>        Option          "XkbVariant"    "cz_qwerty"
>>EndSection

I'm not sure that any of the above is necessary!   My own need is to
switch between English (GB) and Hungarian keyboard maps. So I have two
little scripts

#!/bin/bash

# Set GB keyboard map!
setxkbmap gb

and

#!/bin/bash
# Set Hungarian keyboard map
setxkbmap hu

and have set them up as two buttons on Gkrellm using gkrellmlaunch - one
occasion where the point and click approach is really handy!

If your keyborad map is listed somewhere under /etc/X11/xkb/keymap, this
should work.

I find that it will flip back and forth nicely under Blackbox, but gets
stuck unser fvwm.........

hth

Glyn
--