Re: Home and end keys (was Re: Make Debian better)

Russell <rjshaw@iprimus.com.au> [2002-10-25 10:10:53 +1000]:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Why do you have to activate them?
>
> I want to activate them so that my keyboard doesn't have stupid
> non-functional keys.

You completely misread my meaning.  I was NOT asking why you want to
use the keys.  I think we all understand that.

I was asking, "The keys work.  What did you do to break them?"
Which is an entirely different question.  :-)  And note that it was
said with a smirk and not a gripe.

And I also said that since many people are reporting this it must be a
bug even if many other people were not seeing it.  Some see a problem.
Some people do not see a problem.  The question then is where is the
bug, what is the bug, how to resolv the bug, etc.

Seriously, I did a clean install of woody only three days ago on a box
and the home / end keys work fine in an xterm on that machine.  They
work fine on all of the machines I can test it on.  Therefore it is
not something that intrinsically does not work.  It must be something
that mostly works and is sometimes broken by something on the machines
of people with this complaint.

Bob