Re: Knoppix: Was: The *ONLY* real problem with Debian...

thanks for the reply - didnt mean for you to have to go to all of that
trouble :)  I will definitely look at the website before I try it
anyway.  I have several friends who are eager to try Linux until the
word "partitition" comes up.  There is even one guy at work who is
looking into some "swappable" IDE/HD bay so that he can just install
Linux on one disk and swap it in to try it!  I guess Knoppix isnt the
panacea, b/c to get these guys interested in Linux they are going to
want a Desktop like KDE, but to run KDE I assume it is going to take a
lot of RAM etc, meaning most likely it will require SWAP space, meaning
partitioning... oh well!

Shawn

=====
Shawn Lamson