Re: custom kernel compilation scripts

* martin f krafft (madduck@debian.org) [021021 12:31]:
> in the meantime, maybe someone can tell me what to do about the
> /usr/src/modules and /usr/src/kernel-patches trees, which are owned
> by root. the last time i built a kernel as root must have been like
> 1876 or so... and at least kernel-patch-freeswan as well as
> pcmcia-modules want to change files in these trees during compilation.

my /usr/src is

drwxrwsr-x    4 root     src          4096 2002-10-15 23:04 /usr/src/

So my user account (which is in group src) has permission to extract
tarballs there.  I guess the first time I did that, it created
/usr/src/modules:

drwxr-sr-x    4 vineet   src          4096 2002-10-15 22:22 /usr/src/modules/

You should be able to just chown it with no ill effects.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/