Re: custom kernel compilation scripts

> Maybe I am not quite clear on the modules and patches thing.
>
> I want to go ahead and produce kernel-image and kernel-headers with
> a selection of the installed kernel-patch and *-modules packages.
>
> Say I have kernel-patch-freeswan, kernel-patch-2.4-grsecurity,
> kernel-patch-vlan, and kernel-patch-xfs installed on a machine, along
> with pcmcia-modules and alsa-modules.
>
> now i want to create three kernel images:
>
>   1. one for the machine 'albatros', which needs freeswan, grsecurity,
>      and XFS. ideally, it should be called something like
>        kernel-image-2.4.19-grsec+freeswan+xfs-albatros
>
>   2. one for the machine 'fishbowl', which needs freeswan, grsecurity,
>      vlan, and the pcmcia and alsa modules. i want to create
>        kernel-image-2.4.19-grsec+freeswan+vlan-fishbowl
>        pcmcia-modules-2.4.19-grsec+freeswan+vlan-fishbowl
>        alsa-modules-2.4.19-grsec+freeswan+vlan-fishbowl
>
>   3. one for the machine 'piper', which needs xfs and vlan, and the
>      alsa modules:
>        kernel-image-2.4.19-xfs+vlan-piper
>        alsa-modules-2.4.19-xfs+vlan-piper
>
> How can I do all this with one unified interface?

the `make-kpkg --added-patches` option allows you to specify which
patches to apply for a specific kernel build.

What kind of interface are you looking for?  Something like
`make-kpkg hostname` and everything is taken care of?  I think that
would be nice.  Let me know if you come up with something :)