Re: custom kernel compilation scripts

also sprach Michael West <web@mitzit.net> [2002.10.21.2005 +0200]:
> the `make-kpkg --added-patches` option allows you to specify which
> patches to apply for a specific kernel build.

right. but the modules aren't so easily handled.

> What kind of interface are you looking for?  Something like
> `make-kpkg hostname` and everything is taken care of?  I think that
> would be nice.  Let me know if you come up with something :)

yes, that in combination with a rcfile listing the combinations allows
me to do
  kcompile 2.4.19 albatros

but the script is a *bad* hack, and i think there's a lot that i am
doing wrong.

i'd like to hear from the advanced folks how they compile kernels...

`. `'`