Re: custom kernel compilation scripts

On  0, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:
> i do a lot of custom kernel compilation and was wondering if there are
> scripts out there that you guys use (aside from make-kpkg) to
> facilitate this process. care to share?

Hmmm.  What's wrong with make-kpkg?  It's hardly burdensome, and is
really what you'll find most people here using, I think.  But if
that's not your cup of tea... what's wrong with:

make dep
make bzImage
make modules
make modules_install
cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/bzImage-your-version
lilo

It's hardly a lot to type in, and surely you don't do kernel compiles
*that* often... (if you do, why?  It seems to indicate a curiosity
that could be better directed...)

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"This does not happen very often in Northallerton."
	- Siobhan Cowton, 14, of Yorkshire, after being hit by a meteorite.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au