RE: gdm, log in as root?

Adrien Verlee said:

To use GDM configurator, you must be root. But the session manager
(GDM) says: System Adminstrator is not alloweded tot login as root.
How can I use GDM configurator as superuser?

Adrien

Dave says:  This is a good one...i've got the same issue (had it with gnome
1.4 and also newly updated gnome2).  I initially couldn't log in as root on
kde 2.2.2 either, but can now on kde 3.0.3.  I'd be curious to see how this
is fixed (if possible).  And why does it do it?  A gnome install on other
distributions doesn't do it, so I can only presume it is a debian thing.
Anyone on the lists able to shed some light (silly question that lol).

Dave