Re: Unable to use network card with 2.4.19

    "Darryl" == Darryl L Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com> writes:

    Darryl> I rebooted and did an lsmod and saw af_packet was
    Darryl> installed. I typed ifconfig and it only listed the
    Darryl> loopback interface. I did "ifup eth0" and it said the
    Darryl> connection was already configured. So, I finally did
    Darryl> "ifdown eth0" and then "ifup eth0" and the connection came
    Darryl> up!  Rebooting, I had to go through the same steps to get
    Darryl> the interface online. Any ideas on that?

After boot up, before you 'ifdown eth0' what do you see with ifconfig?
Also, during the boot process you should see a line like "Configuring
network interfaces...." followed by "done". Anything interesting in
between those two lines?

One more thing I'd try is 'ifdown -a' followed by 'ifup -a' to see if
that is any different (probably not, but heck, I'm just guessing....)

Cheers!
Shyamal