Re: Unable to use network card with 2.4.19

    "Darryl" == Darryl L Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com> writes:

    Darryl> AH! I'm not building my own kernel, instead using the
    Darryl> kernel-image package and the associated PCMCIA
    Darryl> package. I'm hoping not to have to build a kernel if I can
    Darryl> help it. ;)

You certainly should not have to. Look in the
/boot/config-2.4.19{-arch} file. There is a section that looks like
this (form 2.4.18-k7)

#
# Networking options
#
CONFIG_PACKET=m
CONFIG_PACKET_MMAP=y
CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV=m
CONFIG_NETFILTER=y
# CONFIG_NETFILTER_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_FILTER=y

In this case the CONFIG_PACKET option indicates a module. Make sure
you have 'af_packet' listed in /etc/modules to get it loaded at boot.

Cheers!
Shyamal