Unable to use network card with 2.4.19

I've had on again/off again problems with my laptop and the 2.4.1[8,9] kernel. I boot my laptop with the card (both a D-Link 660 and a 3Com EtherLink III) inserted and the system sometimes comes up and sometimes doesn't (I'm using DHCP). But, if I reboot my system and load the 2.2.19 kernel, the network comes up immediately, no problem.

Any ideas? This same system works beautifully at home where I use a D-Link DWL-650 wireless card. It comes up at home no problem.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@telocity.com>
Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://welcome.to/mcpierce>