Re: Emacs and ALT Key in New Debian Installation

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 08:35:22PM -0700, Mark Seven Smith wrote:
> What is good about this?  Does it give one increased functionality?  For
> instance, does emacs have a use for an <ALT> key?

emacs can map both alt and meta keystrokes. It can probably map super
and hyper, too, but I've never tried. On a PC I remap all the windows
keys in X. I also map either print screen or scroll lock to Compose
Character, since both are pretty much useless in X.

--
Michael Heironimus