Re: SqWebMail.

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 09:43:31AM -0400, Daniel Doro Ferrante wrote:

> 	Hi Folks,
>
>  I have been unsing courier-imap-ssl and sqwebmail for quite some time
> now and it was working fine.
>
>  However, a couple of weeks ago, i noticed the following error message
> when logging in my sqwebmail:
>
> ---BeGiN---
> Unable to open the maildir for this account -- the maildir doesn't exist
> or has incorrect ownership or permissions.
> ---EnD---
>
>  Okay, so AFAIK, this means that the client was able to log in, it was
> just not able to read my maildir.
>
>  The only thing that happened between the last successful time i used it
> and now, is that i tried "evolution" (don't ask! =;) and, am guessing,
> it screwed up something. (It did screw things up for a few of my
> users...)
>
>  I'm running Woody (with a few packages from unstable, that shouldn't
> be interfering with this - and weren't before) with postfix and
> courier-imap and courier-imap-ssl.
>
>  Any hint/help would be greatly appreciated! []'s!

Hi Daniel,

You might try checking to see if Evolution changed the ownership of your
mail directory.  The user needs to own the Maildir and I believe the
permissions need to be 700 on the directory. If the directory is world
readable or writable programs are not supposed to access the directory.
Maybe Evolution changed the permissions or ownership of the file?

Regards.

Kourosh