w e i r d f o n t b e h a v i o r in multi-gnome-terminal

Hi,

I have some weird font behavior in multi-gnome-terminal (from testing).
If i choose any other font than:
-misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed-*-*-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-15 (if I use
for example the M$-font arial) the text I type on the command line
displays with a lot of space between characters, like this:
a p t - g e t  u p d a t e

Oddly enough the prompt comes out right...

I think it has something to do with gtk2, because the only other (i
think) gtk2 app I have is freeciv, which does the same in some dialogs.

I hope somebody knows what's going on..

grts Tim