Re: w e i r d f o n t b e h a v i o r in multi-gnome-terminal

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 04:12:15PM +0200, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> I have some weird font behavior in multi-gnome-terminal (from testing).
> If i choose any other font than:
> -misc-fixed-medium-r-semicondensed-*-*-*-*-*-c-*-iso8859-15 (if I use
> for example the M$-font arial) the text I type on the command line
> displays with a lot of space between characters, like this:
> a p t - g e t  u p d a t e

> I hope somebody knows what's going on..

Certainly.  You've told it to use a proportional font, when it can only use
a monospaced one.  The odd character spacing you see is the terminal trying
to fit what the font claims are the character sizes into its view of the
world.

It's not a GTK-ism.

--
Marc Wilson