Re: Help with Debian apt-get & Gnome2

    "Anand" == Anand Subramanian <anand@myrealbox.com> writes:

    Anand> Hi, I recently converted to Debian from RH and though I
    Anand> managed to install Debian 3.0 rev0 on my laptop and could
    Anand> connect to the internet via DSL, I simply am not able to
    Anand> upgrade to Gnome2. Installation on my Presario 715US was my
    Anand> smoothest ever...but the 2.2 kernel, old gnome etc. make it
    Anand> painful for a recent convert <Groan!>

apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.18-k7

should fix the first problem replace (the Presario is an Athlon,
right). Be sure to follow the initrd instructions for LILO, and update
/etc/modules to load the modules you need! The 2.4.18 kernels are very
modular, and they work very well (for me anyway).

I don't run Gnome 2, but from what I've heard you probably want to be
running sid (unstable) or use a backport

Try looking at http://www.hadess.net/idoru.php3

/Shyamal

PS: Does the term "B2" make any sense to you, I used to know some one
with your name in college.