[OT] punctuation (was Re: Configuring w3m for Mozilla)

Robert Ian Smit <robian@wanadoo.nl> writes:

> * DvB <imasu@earthlink.net> [19-09-2002 16:22]:
> > try running "which mozilla," minus the quotes and the comma from the
> > command line.
>
> Why did you put the comma there in the first place. Is it some kind
> of notation I have never seen before?

:-)

I was merely following commonly accepted punctuation rules for American
English which state that, when a comma (or period) follows a quoted
passage, the comma should be placed before the final quote. I understand
this isn't the case with British English, but I happen to live on the
new continent, so I figure I should follow local rules.
What's more, after looking at what I wrote, there really should be
another comma after the word "comma" and before the word "from."