Re: [OT] punctuation (was Re: Configuring w3m for Mozilla)

On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 04:55, Preben Randhol wrote:

[SNIP!!!]

> Although it also puzzels me why people use mozilla when galeon has a
> much better interface.
>
> --
> Preben Randhol ---------------- http://www.pvv.org/~randhol/ --
> "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent", Isaac Asimov

Galeon has a *different* interface, which for some proves to be much
better. It depends on individual tastes - once I imported my bookmarks,
Galeon never quite worked the way the original installation presented.
Mozilla works enough like Netscape that it is a familiar interface for
many people, and as Galeon depends on it anyhow, for some people it
becomes a question of "Why use the extra code, when Mozilla is there
already?"

It is a variation of the vi vs. emacs crusades, or Open Look vs. Motif,
or GNOME vs. KDE (or in some circles, Linux vs. BSD vs. the Hurd.) Trust
people to find which browser they prefer, based on familiarity, needs
and constructive individual experience - as long as it respects Internet
standards and doesn't launch viruses or worms, if it is effective for
the user, then good for them.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org