Ext3 or FAT32?

Hello everyone.
I was playing with the idea to move my data to ext3 since I now have
ext2 anywhere to mount my ext3 in windows should the need arise.

My question is... should I? Is ext3 reliable? Since I plan to record VCD
of Star Trek ( :o)), will fragmentation be a problem? What are your
experiences with ext3?

BTW, HardDisk Manager (Paragon Software) allows me to format ext2 with a
8 cluster size (I don't remember the exact term). Is it safe and will
the various ext2 tools work well with that block size since I've never
seen anything other than a size of 2.

Thank you all for your attention!
Richard