Re: problem with system clock

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 09:04:15PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net> [2002.09.15.2052 +0200]:
> > I've been a satisfied customer for a few years now.  Easy to set-up and
> > zero maintenance...
>
> Is it using the ntp protocol? How does it differ from ntpd?

Yes it uses ntp protocol.  The info pages for it have some comparisons
with xntp and timed regarding functionality.  I just use it on
a dial-up, not a network.  But, it estimates time adjustments so as
to keep the clock relatively close even when no time server is
available (off-line).  I guess it might not do the trick in some
scenarios (like setting up a stratum 1 time server).

--
begin 664 .signature
M<F5L;&E-("Y'(&-I<D4@/G1E;BYS<&I`,FUG93P)"`@("`@("`@("`@("`@(