Re: Collisions on lan using Linux versus Windows

Robert Ian Smit said:
> On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 02:15:47PM +0200, Roman Joost wrote:

> I am using scp to transfer the file. I don't know how to generate a
> substantial data exchange between those hosts in another way. Would it be

try ping -f to generate a substantial amount of traffic

in a good switched enviornment between 2 well equipped machines
ping -f should show no dropped packets. in a hub enviornment or against
machines which really have a bad tcp/ip stack there will be dropped
packets most likely

nate