Re: Woody 'problems'

On Friday 23 August 2002 20:05, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 20:03, john gennard wrote:

Thank you for the response.

> > a. I have KDE installed, and configured kppp. When lauching
> > kppp. I get this message 'Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on
> > display ":0.0"' .
>
> No RENDER extension loaded in XF86Config-4.
> http://www.xfree86.org/~keithp/render/
> Needed for antialiased fonts. Needs support from video card

But I haven't upgraded to XF86Config-4 as yet. I've stayed with the
2.2.20 kernel.

> > b. I intend to install LAN networking and have the phyical side
> > dealt with and a NIC card in position and the kernal
> > reconfigured. Booting shows the card OK.  When I run
> > 'dpkg-reconfigure etherconf' to see what is involved, I get
> > 'etherconf' is not fully installed'.
>
> Do you have etherconf installed? dpkg-reconfigure says this even
> if the package is not installed at all.

This I don't know. What package is it in? I've put all seven Woody
CD's into /etc/apt/sources.list, and 'apt-cache show etherconf'
gives the response 'unable to locate package etherconf'. What am I
failing to understand?