Re: Question about 'mount: RPC: Program not registered'

Paul E Condon said:

> mount: RPC: Program not registered
>
> I suspect this is something to do with tcp_wrappers, but I have not been
> able to fix it.

check your local rpc services:

rpcinfo -p

on a debian 3 nfs client you should see something like:
  program vers proto   port
    100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
    100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
    100021    1   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100021    4   udp   1024  nlockmgr
    100024    1   udp   1025  status
    100024    1   tcp   1025  status
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100005    1   udp   1026  mountd
    100005    1   tcp   1026  mountd
    100005    2   udp   1026  mountd
    100005    2   tcp   1026  mountd
    100005    3   udp   1026  mountd
    100005    3   tcp   1026  mountd

then do the same on the server, you should see
something similar. if you are not I reccomend
shutting down all nfs and rpc services
(/etc/init.d/nfs-common stop),  then start
portmap, and restart nfs-common, and run
rpcinfo -p see if they show up, if they
still don't, then check to be sure theres no
firewall on the local machine that would block
connections, and stop all the services again
including portmap and check netstat to be
sure the socket is closed (netstat -an | grep 111
should come back with nothing) and try again ..

if it still doesn't work do the same to the
server, if it still doesn't work..then email
the list again :)

nate