Question about "mount: RPC: Program not registered"

I have two Debian Woody boxes connected in a lan. Today I did

apt-get upgrade

on the box that acts as a server. It had been useing software
installed from a CD set of release Woody rev0. Now I can't gain NFS
access to its files from the other box. Instead, when I try to mount,
I get the message

mount: RPC: Program not registered

I suspect this is something to do with tcp_wrappers, but I have not
been able to fix it.

I have found mention of tcp_wrappers in man statd, and have done what
I think is called for, but to no avail. Perhaps there is some other
deamon that I need to worry about, but I have tried

ALL: LOCAL
in /etc/hosts.allow and still get the problem message.

I'm not worried about security. I just want NFS to work again. What
should I do to fix this, or to find more detail?

Paul

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@quiknet.com