Re: woody isos

On Sunday 18 August 2002 2:29 am Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> --924gEkU1VlJlwnwX
>
> On 17/08/02 Jamin W. Collins did speaketh:
>
>> I too have a Sony VAIO laptop (PCG-C1VN) that does not have an internal
>> floppy or cdrom.  I've installed a variety of Linux distributions on it
>> using the PCMCIA CD drive and haven't needed any special holding
>> partitions.  In fact the only item that was needed was to pass a kernel
>> option on startup, "ide2=3D0x180".
>
>     I have a PCG-SR33. I'm not sure if the same option would work in my
case
> or not. How did you determine it for yours?
>
>     Mike

Mike

Passing ide1=0x180,0x386 to my VAIO SR21K on boot with the standard Potato
2.2r3 disc worked for me. I think the SR21 is pretty similar to the SR33 -
very slick laptops :)

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net    /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /