Re: woody isos

On Sat, 17 Aug 2002 12:57:11 -0400 "Michael P. Soulier"
<msoulier@storm.ca> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the laptop (Sony VAIO) doesn't have a floppy. I have a
> USB floppy drive added on. The way I installed Debian was to use the
> Windows ME partition to hold the pcmcia drivers, and then picked those
> up during the install, so I could access the cdrom.

I too have a Sony VAIO laptop (PCG-C1VN) that does not have an internal
floppy or cdrom.  I've installed a variety of Linux distributions on it
using the PCMCIA CD drive and haven't needed any special holding
partitions.  In fact the only item that was needed was to pass a kernel
option on startup, "ide2=0x180".

What model are you working with?

--
Jamin W. Collins