Re: woody isos

On 17/08/02 Jeff did speaketh:

> All the cd's have pcmcia support, but I don't know for about a pcmcia
> cdrom.  You can get details on the cd set here:
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html
>
> Assuming your pcmcia is a scsi card, you might be able to boot to it.
> Otherwise you could do a floppy install for the base system, including
> pcmcia, and then complete the install from the pcmcia scsi cdrom.
>
> You might want to search the debian-laptop and debian-user archives.
> I know I've seen discussions on this sort of install on one or both of
> these lists.

    Unfortunately, the laptop (Sony VAIO) doesn't have a floppy. I have a USB
floppy drive added on. The way I installed Debian was to use the Windows ME
partition to hold the pcmcia drivers, and then picked those up during the
install, so I could access the cdrom. It was tricky but it worked. I was just
wondering if there's a simpler way.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix