Re: PDFLatex with included graphics

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 05:07:36PM +0200, Neilen wrote:
> Hi Thomas
>

> > Your preamble may not be correct.
> >
> > When using pdflatex, I use
> > \usepackage[pdftex]{epsfig}
> >
> > (note the pdftex option instead of dvips)
> Thanks, this seems to do the trick. Is there no way to make my source
> "compatable" with both?  Ie. no changes needed wheter I run with
> pdflatex or latex?
>

> > Actually I rarely use pdflatex anymore.  There are differences in
> > creating pdf files with embedded hyperlinks, but for standard pdf with
> > graphics, I generally create the postscript file and then use ps2pdf
> >
> > This way, I don't have to bother converting all the images.
> Hmm, thats the opinion I am begining to form too.  I did not know about
> the -Ppdf option for dvips, so I was really just looking for scalable
> fonts.  Since I don't need hyperlinks, or any other fancy things, I
> think I'll just stick to ps2pdf then.

You may also want to try dvipdfm, which also turns dvi straight into
pdf, allows your source to be compatible with both ps and pdf
generation, and also has support for links and such (though I don't know
if that breaks the compatibility with ps generation).

--
Note that I use Debian version testing/unstable
Linux mus 2.4.17mvz5 #1 Sun Jun 2 15:16:44 CEST 2002 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux

Matijs van Zuijlen

    ... designed to fill holes or cracks of not more than two cubic vims.
			    -- Robert Sheckley, Untouched by Human Hands