Re: APM + ACPI in kernel? (was Re: Debian 3.0r0 wont 'powerdown')

hi,

Patrick Wiseman wrote on Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 06:18:38PM -0400:
pw> Frankly, at the application level, it doesn't seem to support much at all,
pw> although at the kernel level it seems to find everything which apps might
pw> need to function.  I enabled it more for fun than functionality; one very
pw> neat feature is that I can power down simply by turning off the power at
pw> the switch and it shuts down cleanly (well, after exiting X).

<plug plug plug>
and there is this GPLed ACPI Daemon written in PHP:

   http://symonds.net/~suraj/php-acpid_0.01.tar.bz2

You can configure this daemon to run any command based on the number of
power button presses. I use it to play MP3s... :-)
</plug>

   -Suraj
--
| Those who will not live to see their honor sink, are                 |