Re: APM + ACPI in kernel? (was Re: Debian 3.0r0 wont 'powerdown')

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Chris Majewski wrote:

> Linux ACPI doesn't support suspend-to-RAM (or disk) yet, does it?
> The acpi4linux URL I have is out of date.

Frankly, at the application level, it doesn't seem to support much at all,
although at the kernel level it seems to find everything which apps might
need to function.  I enabled it more for fun than functionality; one very
neat feature is that I can power down simply by turning off the power at
the switch and it shuts down cleanly (well, after exiting X).

acpi4linux seems to be at

http://acpi.sourceforge.net/

but even there it's acknowledged that user support is at a pretty
primitive level.

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman