Re: Broken symlinks [was Re: Kernel panic. No init found]

On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 04:01, Tim wrote:
> >Don't assume it is only links that are broken.
>
> OK.

The reason I say that is that I can't see why the damage to your
filesystem should be limited to removing symbolic links.  Presumably the
directories where they should have resided got damaged.  But damage to a
directory could also involve corrupting other entries than symbolic
links.

> > > /bin/more: -rwxr-xr-x: command not found
> >
> >Do you have any idea of the context of that?
>
> Sorry but I'm not sure what you're asking.

Does it happen every time, or only on a particular command?  Is
/bin/more an executable, as it should be?

olly@linda$ ls -li /bin/more
  25965 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        23960 Jan 27 07:05 /bin/more

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver