[SOLVED] Re: Broken symlinks [was Re: Kernel panic. No init found]

By recreating the symlinks from /etc/X11/X to /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 and /usr/bin/X11 to ../X11R6/bin I now have X running again.

And everything seems intact. /bin/more and /dev/ttyeb are not however. I have some stable woody CDs on the way so will sort these out with a reinstall. But what seemed to be an irreparable problem wasn't impossible after all. Try fixing such a problem in windows! Thanks to all for help.

Tim