Re: Palm conectivity

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 11:08, Keith O'Connell wrote:

> > So what does dmesg say?
>
> It doesn't say anything, or rather I ran dmesg and noted the last six lines of text which related to access to /dev/fd0. I then went through the whole suite of suggestions for accessing the palm them ran dmesg again. No text had been added!
>
> It seems to me that  there must be a fundamental step that those of you helping me have assumed "goes-without-saying", and that I am smart enough not to need to be told a thing like that.
>
> Well, it is time to lower the bar and accept that I have made an error early on which is thwarting everyones attempts to help. Please assume in this matter that I am a fool, because I quite certainly feeling like one!

It almost sounds like you don't have the rest of the USB support
installed. Do you have any other USB devices that work? Do you have a
/proc/bus/usb directory? Do you have the hotplug package installed? This
package takes all the difficulty out of getting usb to work (including

Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA
dave@rudedog.org | http://www.rudedog.org/ | ICQ:161669680
UNIX-Apache-Perl-Linux-Firewalls-LDAP-C-C++-DNS-PalmOS-PostgreSQL-MySQL

Dave is currently listening to Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Insider
(Hard Promises)