Re: Palm conectivity

Keith O'Connell <keith_oconnell@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> > use for hotsyncing. If you're using devfs, then the ports will be
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > /dev/usb/tts/0 and /dev/usb/tts/1.
>
> OK - its not working, but I can see that we are moving in the right
> direction. I now have visor in my loaded modules and lsmod shows
> that it has drawn in "usbserial" and "usbcore"

good, good.

> I put /dev/usb/tts/1 into the "Serial port entry" and tried a
> backup. Jpilot responded with;
>
> 	pi_bind illegal seek
> 	Check your serial port and settings
> 	exiting with status -10
>
> I am not quite sure what I have missed, but there is clearly a port
> problem here. Can anyone hold my hand a little further?

well, _are_ you actually using devfs? i'm going to go out on a limb
and guess that you're not. in that case, you want to point jpilot at
/dev/ttyUSB1, which should look like this:

    [08:16:35]{mendel}<~> ls -al /dev/ttyUSB1
    crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     188,   1 Mar  3 09:52 /dev/ttyUSB1

if you don't have /dev/ttyUSB1, you can make it by switching to root
and typing 'mknod /dev/ttyUSB1 c 188 1'.

john.
--
So you threw in some random punctuation for no particular reason, and
then you didn't get the result you expected.  Hmmmm.